Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ups and Downs

I feel like we have had a few hurdles the last couple of days...

Michael was working in the garden/forest area of our backyard this week and got poison ivy or poison something. It is pretty bad and the doctor put him on Prednisone (a steroid to help clear it up). My first question was will effect his sperm count? Fortunately the pharmicist said it shouldn't because he isn't going to be on it for a long period of time. I guess we will find out when we go in for the retrieval.

I went to my family physician because I've been having an uncomfortable feeling in my upper left leg for the past month or so. He diagnosed me with Meralgia Paresthetica. He told me there isn't much he can do to treat it because I'm trying to conceive so we will take another look at it when I'm either a) not pregnant or b) it gets worse and I can't handle it. I asked him if it would get worse if I got pregnant and he said it could or it could go away...although what I've read is that pregnancy can cause it. I will continue to keep on an eye on it. Sometimes I don't even notice it (like now) and other times it flares up. I've been trying to figure out if there is a pattern to it flaring up, but I have yet to come up with one.

While we have had some hurdles we've also had some good news...

Most people know I had melanoma and I had nodes removed from under my left arm. Because of this I've never been able to get blood taken  from my left arm.This had me a little nervous since I have to have lots of blood work this week and I tend to bruise easily. I called my surgeon and he said that I'm able to access the left arm because it has been over 3 years. It may sound silly, but this was a huge relief for me. 

I also found out that the pharmacy that sends me my infertility meds sent me too much Follistim...it's the most expensive med I'm on. Cherub talked to them and I will get a refund since it was their fault. It will be almost a $400 refund...anyway we can save money right now is exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment