Sunday, April 17, 2011

Two to Freeze

The embryologist called this morning to let us know that he was able to freeze two embryos. He said they aren't as strong as the ones the doctor transferred yesterday, but they were strong enough to be frozen. If we end up having to use them they would unfreeze them the morning of the transfer and see if they survived the freezing stage. I guess we shall see when we get to that stage of the process...either because this round doesn't work or because we try for more children.

I'm happy that we have a couple to freeze because Michael and I have always said that if the first round of IVF doesn't work we are going to adopt. Our insurance will only cover so much and I'd rather put the money towards an option that will most likely bring us a baby. Since we have two embryos that were frozen the cost goes down a lot. We don't have to do the retrieval and I won't have to be put on so much medication. With this outcome we have one more chance before adoption, but I'm trying to stay positive that the round of IVF we are currently in will have a happy ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment