Saturday, April 16, 2011

Transfer

We had two embryos transferred this morning. We had one rated a 4aa which I guess is an extremely good rating. It is the biggest one in the picture. It had already started forming the outer wall which would be the placenta and the cells inside would be the baby. The embryologist is going to watch the other two to see if we are able to freeze them. We should know by Monday at the latest. There were also two others that are maturing a little slower so there is a possibility they could be frozen too.

After we discussed the embryos with the doctor we had to change to prepare for the procedure. Here is what we looked like...lol

The procedure was pretty painless. I had to have a full bladder and I actually had to relieve some of my bladder before they did the transfer because I have an inverted uterus and as the nurse said they aren't as photogenic (for the ultrasound).  Michael and I saw the catheter go in and release the embryos. Afterwards I had to lay down for 30 minutes...with my full bladder, but the nurse offered me a bedpan if I needed one...luckily I didn't have to take her up on her offer.

I'll be taking it easy today. I plan on reading and watching a movie. I have Michael doing the laundry and some cleaning. I think it is little to ask for what I've been through this week. I'm still trying to work on the breakfast in bed tomorrow.

Now we wait until Easter Monday for my first pregnancy test. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment: