Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Interesting Afternoonn

I was dismissing my students today and was "attacked" by a rolling book bag. A student was rolling his book bag back and forth on the floor and ran into the back of me. I don't recall the whole incident, but when all was said and done I had a sore toe and a bleeding heel. I ran to get a band-aid thinking that was all I needed, but we couldn't get it to stop bleeding. Long story short, our fabulous nurse said she thought I should get it checked out.

I went to Doctor's Care and got right in, but then the questions begin. The nurse asked me how long it had been since my last period? Really...that is necessary for a cut on my heel? I told her 33 days and she asked if I could be pregnant? I told her no because I just took a pregnancy test and she continued on with the questioning.

I proceeded to go to another room to meet with the doctor. He asked me all the normal questions and I told him about all the "stuff" I've been on recently. He starts telling me he thought about going into OB or fertility work when he was in school and starts asking me questions about my procedures. I told him that I'm late with my period, but my test was negative so if he gives me a tetanus shot will it hurt anything...just in case a miracle happened and I'm with child. He said I would be ok and started to explain to me the best time to take a home pregnancy test. Thanks, I think I've got that covered!  So he looked at my cut and told me it didn't go through all the layers of skin so as long as I keep it covered and put neosporin on it, I should be ok. I was relieved.

After the doctor, I saw another nurse who came to give me my tetanus shot. As she started to inject me she told me it would sting a little. That comment made me smile and laugh inside. I wanted to just grab the needle and give it to myself...I've had plenty of practice. I actually told her I'm used to injections and have no trouble giving them to myself. I think she was a bit confused.

I did have a little meltdown today when I found out I needed to get my heel checked out. I've been doing so good about being frugal with our money right now because of all the bills and future bills we will have with fertility and possibly adoption. I'm not even ordering lunch tomorrow with the rest of the teachers and that is only $6-$7. So with the possibility of having another doctor's bill with what happened today it put me over the edge...that and the fact that my period still hasn't started.

Going through fertility treatments is like being on roller coaster 24/7.  

*Thanks to my wonderful husband who ran my errands this afternoon while I was being tended to. I love you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment