Monday, June 20, 2011

Senseless Act

This morning the news reported that a nine month old had been left in a car and died. Of course this made me shutter when I heard it. How do you forget and leave your child in a car? The child was left in a car outside of his home for FOUR hours...so you get home and don't realize that your nine month old isn't around. We went shopping a few days ago and left a camera my dad bought in the car...that I understand, but a human.

A quote from the article in The State newspaper said...
"Even the best of parents or caregivers can overlook a sleeping baby in a car; and the end result can be injury or death."

Maybe it is because I've never been a parent, but I don't understand this. Actually, I couldn't even believe this statement was in the article. This seems like such a senseless reason for a innocent child to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment