Friday, June 10, 2011

New Experience

I'm taking a break today with infertility and writing about my experience yesterday at the spa. No, I didn't have a massage, facial, pedicure, or manicure. I had some waxing done.

*Dad and Jay you are the only men I know who read this so you may want to stop now...it might be too much information. :)

We are headed to the beach next week and I've been toying around with the idea of having a bikini wax done so I don't have to worry about shaving each day. Ladies, we know how that is. I asked several friends if they have ever had it done and was shocked that most people I know haven't. Anyway, I go to Jenn at Occo Skin Studio (thank you to Jessica for introducing me to her) she gives a fabulous massage and I found out she does waxing, too. I made an appointment. I figured plenty of doctors have seen lots more of me than I ever imagined so I should be fine getting that area waxed. She gave me a pair of disposable underwear, I laid down on the bed, and then it began. It wasn't so bad on the right side, although I did grab for a towel to squeeze. I think what hurt the most was when she plucked some individual hairs. She finished on the right and proceeded to the left. OH MY GOSH...it hurt so bad! After she finished that side she said she meant to tell me that for some reason the left hurts more than the right...not sure why, but she has her theories. (I'm glad she didn't tell me until after it was done). I know there was a person getting a message in the next room so I felt bad when I gave out a little yelp. I was more worried about how I would feel after the waxing, but I didn't hurt, itch, or feel uncomfortable at all. She did say to put some ice on the waxed area and some hydro-cortisone so I did last night and the redness has gone down. We actually went ahead and waxed my eyebrows too while I was there, but I'm used to that.

I would suggest getting a bikini wax if you are going on vacation...it hurts for a little bit, but that fact that I don't have to worry about shaving for the week makes it all worth it!


*Hope I haven't shared to much information, but I did warn you. :)

1 comment:

  1. So funny! You can count me as one who has had it done (multiple times) and it hurts a little less each time. Oh...and I go for the Brazilian so talk about pain.

    ReplyDelete