Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yummy Treats

I'm not much of a cook, but I love to make sweets and have decided that I would try some new recipes this summer (actually almost any recipe is new to me...lol). I've actually found it relaxing...I think because I'm not thinking of a million other things I need to get done, which is the case during the school year. I thought I would share a couple of things I have made so far this summer...

Tuna Pasta Salad
Tuna Salad Pasta- I know not everyone is a fan of tuna, but if you use albacore tuna it isn't as fishy. I changed the recipe a little. I added chunks of cheese and a couple  hard boiled eggs. I also used Miracle Whip instead of Mayo and only added 1 cup so it wasn't coated in mayo. It was really good!


Red Velvet Cake Balls

Red Velvet Cake Balls-"These are heaven!" This is a quote from my neighbor. If you like Red Velvet Cake you will love these. If you make these I would suggest putting them in the freezer before you dip them. I only took a couple out at a time so they didn't warm up...it was much easier to dip. I had never heard of cake balls until I had some strawberry ones at school. The blog that I got this recipe off of has some really neat recipes all involving cake balls. I might try the Oreo ones, too.

I also love to make Buckeyes (I would suggest cutting the recipe in half...unless you need to make a ton.) and Chocolate Covered Ritz with Peanut Butter. I don't use a recipe for this, but I'll link it to a recipe in case you are interested. 

I am planning on trying some other things this summer, so if I find anything else that turns out good, I will share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment