Monday, March 14, 2011

Who Knew?

I didn't realize we would have so many legal decisions to make regarding any embryos we might have left after the egg transfer. Southeastern will keep any remaining embryos frozen for two years, but after the two years we have to decide what we want done with them...if we don't use them for another round of IVF. We had to decide on a couple of scenarios a) what we want done with them after the two years and b) what we want done with them if, heaven for bid, we should both pass away before the two year mark. Our options were to 1) discard them, 2) give them to research, or 3) give them to another couple. My first thought was to give them to another couple and Michael's was to give them to research...neither of us wanted them discarded. We chose to give them to research in scenario a and give them to another couple in scenario b. 

Having made these important decisions I started thinking that there is a chance we won't have to worry about either option because we may not have several strong embryos. I'm really hoping for at least two. If we have more it will be a bonus because when we try to have more children I won't have to go through the whole stimulation process.

With all the signing and notarizing that has to be done I feel like I'm buying another house. After reading a 20 page document, signing my life away, and going through several FDA required tests...I could possibly have a baby while 16 year old girls and unfit mothers just have to have sex.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I am not the only one hating the fact that unfit mothers and little 16 years just get pregnant! There are days when I hate ever pregnant girl I see even if they are a fit mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. When we are out and see someone who is pregnant my husband sometimes says..."Oh great, it's a pregnant woman." I cringe when I'm flipping through channels and I see the show 16 and Pregnant.

    ReplyDelete