Tuesday, March 29, 2011

When is it my (our) turn?

Today was a rough day! A coworker announced that she was expecting in September. While I'm excited for her...it is still hard to hear. I haven't had an emotional response to news like this in a while, but I think the hormones running through my body effected the reaction I had. Fortunately, I didn't get emotional in front of her...I would have felt so bad if that was the case.

Every time I read a  post on Facebook or hear about a friend who is pregnant I always wonder...when is it my turn? When will I get to squeal with excitement over the tiny baby growing inside of me? When will I get to gain weight and buy maternity clothes? When will I get to start planning a nursery? When will I get to hear my baby cry for the first time? When will I get to celebrate Mother's Day? When will I get to open up the closet in our empty room upstairs and go through some of the stuff that was purchased for us by family before our miscarriage? When? 

No one knows the answer to this, but God. I know at some point it will be my turn. I know at some point I will get to carry my newborn baby in my arms and love him or her unconditionally. Our baby might be growing in another woman's body or maybe in mine in another month, but one way or another it will be my turn to buy baby clothes, decorate a nursery, and welcome our new baby into our loving arms and home. 

Baby Dust
(Found this on the internet.)
Wanting, hoping, waiting, and praying.
To have a little one to call our own.
Getting tired of trying and failing.
Just want to make our house a home.
When is it going to be our turn for a baby?
There is this emptiness in completing our family,
Maybe one day it will be our time for joy,
Until then we must stay strong and keep hoping
Please pray for us and sprinkle that baby dust upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment