Friday, March 25, 2011

Drugs, Drugs, and More Drugs

I received my box of drugs today. I didn't realize how much I was actually going to receive...although the price should of been an indicator. I was a little overwhelmed when I opened the box. I thought I would share with you what I pulled out...
I was happy to see that there are no syringes bigger than I'm use too! I have lots of Follistim. (I used this during my IUI's, but my dosage was only 75 units per injection. I will be at 225 units this time.)  Follistim helps my ovaries produce lots of mature eggs. I also have several pills I have to take before and after my egg retrieval and a box of patches. I've never wore a patch before...interesting. I will find out about everything I received on Wednesday when I go in for more blood work and an ultrasound. I wonder how my body will react to each drug? 

2 comments:

  1. The good news they can go up to 300 on the pen, at least they could with the gonal f pen and I am not sure if you are taking menopur or repronex but I went to 2 ampules so if you body doesn't respond hopefully they just kick it up and your body figures out what to do. In the end my Dr. told me my body responded beautifully. I wishing the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! I so remember this part of the journey, so many mixed emotions!

    Brooke
    www.mypurposeunderheaven.com

    ReplyDelete