Thursday, March 17, 2011

All Ready

My blood work came back fine and I had my first injection of Lupron. From here on out the injection will happen in the morning. I'm so thankful for my school nurse. She is willing to inject me each morning during the week. Michael is gone too early and I still don't want to think about giving it to myself. I know the time will come when I have to suck it up and just do it! There is just something about trying to put it in my own skin. I've tried once and it was a long, drawn out disaster!  So...I have the first of many needle marks on my stomach. Cherub, my nurse coordinator, said I could also use the back of my upper arm or my thigh. If my stomach gets to black and blue we will try that. 

Did you notice the name of my nurse? Cherub...I like to think that is a sign that this attempt at IVF will work. God has laid out his plan...I have a fabulous student teacher who I trust immensely with my class, she will probably be doing her full time teaching during my egg retrieval and transfer, I have spring break during the bulk of my medications and doctor's visits, and my nurse's name is Cherub. If that isn't God's work...I don't know what is.

2 comments:

  1. I picked up on the nurse's name too right away. I'm with you, too many coincidences to think God isn't watching over you with this now. The timing of your student teacher doing full time teaching is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you do the shots yourself they become second nature! I can't believe how easy it is for me to just whip the needles out and just do it. My husband did a practice shot in the beginning on me and his hurt a lot more than me doing it. When you have to diy just think of baby in your arms and the strength just comes and it gets easier as you go. Also a perk is I use to hate getting blood drawn..now I don't even feel it!

    ReplyDelete