Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Plan

I have learned over the last few years that life doesn't go according to plan. Three years ago we set out to get pregnant. I had it all planned out. We would start trying in May so I would be due in the spring. This way I could take the last part of the school year off and have the summer off too. (I'm a teacher.) I was finishing my masters so everything would be perfect and I could enjoy extra time with my new baby.  Almost three years later I chuckle at that perfect plan. It has been a roller coaster of a  journey. 

We have gone through one miscarriage and four failed IUI's.I think the most frustrating thing is that the doctor's don't know why I'm not getting pregnant. I want to know why so I can fix it!
 
I've read several blogs by women who are going through or have been through what I have been and will experience. It has helped a ton. I wish women would be more open about infertility. It amazes me how many of us go through it...yet we don't open up about it. Every time I'm in the waiting room at the doctor's office we just sit and read a magazine...trying to avoid each others looks. I'm always wondering what step of the process is she on now?

As Michael and I begin the process of IVF I decided that I needed an outlet to share my feelings, emotions, and experiences. I tend to keep my feelings locked up. I think blogging about my experiences over the next couple of months will be a good way for me to vent. I hope blogging about IVF will be short lived and our first attempt will bring us a precious bundle of joy or two!

To all the women out there who are struggling with infertility I wish you all the luck on your journey! 


1 comment:

  1. Antibiotics are a part of the process? Who would have guessed that one?

    ReplyDelete