Sunday, March 20, 2011

Guaranteed

Michael was talking to one of his friends about IVF and he said..."It's guaranteed, right?" I wish. He was telling him how we are spending enough for a decent size down payment on a car. (Just for what we are paying for IVF..I'm not even including our attempts at the IUI's.) We are very lucky though because my insurance will cover up to $15,000 of fertility treatments for a lifetime. I wish is was every year! Most insurances don't cover anything. We have been paying about 70% of all costs...HUGE help. This is why we are only going to attempt one round of IVF. My insurance money will pretty much be used up at the end of this IVF. One round of IVF costs between $12,000 and $15,000 depending on the prescribed treatments. If this attempt doesn't work we decided we would rather put that money towards adoption. At least with adoption we will pay the money and most likely be able to adopt a baby in the end, so I guess you can say there is a guarantee with our money in this scenario.



No comments:

Post a Comment