Monday, August 29, 2011

Prescription...Deep Breathing

I went for my stress test today. It consisted of getting on a treadmill with lots of wires stuck to me. I started off slow and as I proceeded the incline got steeper and the pace got faster. I did learn that I need to start working out again. It has been awhile because of the frozen embryo transfer and then having the chest discomfort and not knowing what it was. However, the results were normal. My blood pressure and heart rate did exactly what they were suppose to do so we are done testing my heart. Dr. Jani wants me to practice deep breathing, meditating, yoga, and take my Xanax when needed. It is good to know that my heart is healthy...that does take a big stressor off of me.

I guess my students and I will be doing a lot of deep breathing in class. At least they are already used to it...I just wish they understood that deep breathing doesn't need to involve a dramatic sound and face.

No comments:

Post a Comment