Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Transfer Day

The picture above are the two precious embryos that are now in my uterus!!! Yes, both of them survived the thawing process! The procedure went smoothly. It helped that I knew what to expect, but I still can't seem to figure out how full my bladder is suppose to be. I always have way too much in it and I have to relieve some of it...not fun trying to relieve only a portion.

Our photo shots before entering the transfer. Michael...always a hoot! Got to love him!

Our room was pretty full today for our procedure. Let me paint a picture for you...I'm laying down with my legs high up and spread open (Sorry if this is too much info, but I want you to get the idea of what women with fertility issues have to go through.) Michael is to the left of me, there is a nurse with the ultrasound "thingy" on my stomach...pressing down on my full bladder, another nurse controlling the ultrasound machine, an intern from MUSC (Medical University of SC), Dr. Slowey in front of me, and Peter the embryologist giving Dr. Slowey the catheter with my embryos inside. The only person not looking at my private parts is Michael...isn't that rather funny. I guess this will only prepare me for birth.

Once again we were able to see the catheter release the embryos into my uterus. The arrow in the picture below is were they are now resting and hopefully getting ready to implant. 
 
We also had good news before we arrived in Charleston....my cell phone rang and I saw it was Southeastern Fertility Center. The first thing that ran through my head was that the embryos didn't survive the thawing process and they were calling to tell us that we didn't need to come. Fortunately, it was MUCH better news. We had payed a portion of our transfer several weeks ago, but hadn't paid the $1,500 that we still owed. I was playing phone tag with the financial lady at the center to get the rest paid. Well come to find out the portion we paid was actually all we owed!!! That immediately put us both in a great mood and on the way home Michael stopped to buy a couple of lottery tickets. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment