Monday, May 2, 2011

Amazing Support

Everyone has been so amazing with their support! I've had several friends and family members give me cards and emails with words of encouragement...letting me know they are there if I need to vent, scream, or just need someone to listen to me. I'm so fortunate to have friends and family that care how I'm doing, but it is too hard to vent to women who haven't been through this before. I don't really know how to explain it...it's just how I feel.

My dad made a joke out of it (our failed IVF) that made me chuckle.  He told me he would really like to have a grandchild before he is in a nursing home or has to use his own rocking chair. Michael's response to that was...I'd really like to have a child before I'm in a nursing home. We definetly aren't getting any younger.
 
If only someone would have told me, when I was in my twenties, that I would have trouble having children...I would have started as soon as Michael and I got married. I thought I was doing the responsible thing by waiting until I received my masters and making sure I was as prepared as I could possibly be.

I know a few years down the road we will look back at this journey and wonder what were we worried about because it will all work out in the end....I just wish we would get to the end a little quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment