Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I could take pity on myself for not being a mom on Mother's Day, but instead I'm going to be thankful and appreciative of the wonderful mother that I have in my life!
Unfortunately my mom lives several hours away, and I don't get to see her as much as I would like (haven't been able to talk her into moving down south yet), but we are as close as a mother and daughter could be. She is not only my mother, but one of my best friends. I know she would do anything for me. I know her heart has ached for me during my infertility struggles and she would do anything to take away my hurt. I'm just like her in many ways and wouldn't ask for it to be any different. I'm very fortunate to have such a wonderful relationship with the woman who raised, supports, and comforts me whenever I'm in need. I look forward to my children forming a relationship with their grandmother, and I can only hope that when I become a mother I have the same kind of relationship with my son or daughter. I love you tons, mom!

 You Let Me Know You Love Me
You let me know you love me. 
In so many different ways.
You make me feel important
With encouragement and praise.
You're always there when I need you
To comfort and to care.
I know I'm in your thoughts;
Your love is everywhere.
Thank you for all you've done
And given so generously.
I love you, my wonderful mother;
  You're a heaven-sent blessing to me. 
By Joanna Fuchs


*Mom, sorry about the old pics, but I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment