Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ugh!

Michael and I went out to eat last night. We sat at the bar of the restaurant and were talking to the people around us why we watched the NFL playoff games. I can't remember how the conversation started, but a woman asked us how old we were and then if we had kids. When Michael told her his age she commented with something like...oh, you are waiting later to have them. I told her we were adopting. She then responded with the comment that I HATE hearing from people..."enjoy your quiet time now" or another one I get a lot is "enjoy this time as a couple". I understand that my life is going to completely change once we have a baby, but we have waited for almost 4 years to have a baby, and I don't want anymore quiet time! (I'm sure I'll eat those words later, but I think you know what I mean.) Yes, I enjoy our couple time so I can't say I don't want anymore of that, but we are ready to move from a couple to a family of 3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment