Monday, January 23, 2012

Home Study, Please?

The time has come again to contact the adoption agency. It has been almost two months since the social worker told me it would be another few months. I was going to wait until the end of February, but a few people have told me they think I should do it at the end of this month. I'm not expecting good news for a couple of reasons...1) I've been checking the family profiles on the website and not a single couple that was at our training have been posted on it and 2) we aren't used to hearing good news. (I know negative thinking.) We are at their mercy. There is no point getting upset or frustrated with them...it isn't going to change anything and it's not like we can do anything that will magically make us parents. Every day when I turn on my cell phone, after school, or see there is a voice mail on the home phone...I hope and pray that it is the agency telling us they are ready to start our home study.

I've been so happy lately working on the nursery, but the last couple of days I've been a little emotional thinking about whether we are ever going to get our home study done or actually get to adopt a child. Michael is going to start on the tree in the nursery this week, so I'm sure it will put a smile back on my face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment