Monday, January 16, 2012

Looks Like A Room

I spent the weekend painting the nursery. The color is called Lighthouse Shadows and is a bluish gray. When I started on Saturday, I thought it was going to be too dark, but my optimistic husband told me it would be fine...he was right. I really like it! Yes, it is a shade of blue, but blue is so calming to me. I can't decide if I'm going to decorate it neutral or wait until we know the sex, of the baby we are going to adopt, and make it either girly or boyish.
Before
Lighthouse Shadows
We also bought a crib (actually it was a gift from my mom...love you) last weekend that we got a good deal on at a children's furniture store here in Columbia. It was in their clearance center. It was actually a new style crib they had received, but someone accidentally assembled two for the floor so they moved one to their clearance center. After I finished painting, Michael put the crib together.
Pathetic...although we decided she might have been high from the paint fumes. :)
After
As far as other furniture goes...we are going to buy a glider and a dresser to use as a changing table too. That is pretty much all that will fit. I've been looking on Craigslist and consignment stores for the other two. I'm actually happy that we have this time to work on the nursery. 

The nursery has been empty for so long and has really been a storage room. I'm not used to going upstairs and seeing another "room".

No comments:

Post a Comment