Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wise Words

I received some wise words from an adoptive parent this evening who was wondering how I was doing. She said..."You are a mom, God put your baby in your heart, you are just waiting for him to put your baby in your arms." She also said..."Don't ever think you didn't go through "labor". You are going through it now." The thoughts she shared with me really made me stop and think. This has been a long and hard labor! My body may not be changing physical, but it is changing emotionally.

I'm really rather pathetic...Our school had their talent show last night and watching all those cute children perform, with proud parents watching and cheering them on, made me emotional because it is something I have longed for for so long.

I have to go to the OBGYN tomorrow for my yearly exam, and I'm not really looking forward to it...not for reasons most women hate to go, but because I don't really want to be around a bunch of happy pregnant women. The office also reminds me of all the visits I had to make during my short 10 week pregnancy, when I was having complications, and when she finally told me the baby's heart stopped beating.

I continue to try to stay positive and patient. I know that our baby is waiting to be placed in our arms and home. He/she will be surrounded and smothered with so much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment