Thursday, August 23, 2012

Staying Strong

About two and a half weeks ago our social worker called with some positive news that was hard not to share with everyone, but we needed to stay guarded. There was a birth mother in another state that wanted to place her baby out of her state. She had narrowed her search down to us and two other couples...of course we were ecstatic, but tried not to get overly excited. Anyway, after a hopeful couple of weeks I found out Wednesday evening that the birth mother was no longer working with the agency and had found a family through another avenue.

Of course we are heartbroken and tired of being disappointed. I know I've said it so many times, but I'm really tired of disappointment! I wish we hadn't known we were so close, but the social worker had to call since it was a baby out of state. I'm happy for the family that the baby will be placed with and know that he/she wasn't meant to be part of our family for some reason.

We have only been a waiting family for 5 months which isn't very long, and we are hopeful that we won't have to wait too much longer. We will continue to be patient and stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment