Sunday, September 23, 2012

First Day of Fall

I can't believe it is almost the end of September. The weather is getting cooler, football games are in full swing, and parent teacher conferences are taking place. I've been pretty busy and haven't had much time to think about adoption...until yesterday. 

We received paper work on Friday from the agency to update our background checks. It hit me that last year at this time we were filling out our formal application.

I continue to watch women around me announce their pregnancies and prepare for their bundles of joy. Maybe we aren't meant to be parents, maybe we need to look into adopting an older child...so much to ponder as we continue to wait.

I hope everyone enjoys the cooler days of fall, the nail biting football games, and the changing colors in nature!


2 comments:

  1. Don't lose hope! I Am sure you are sick of hearing others stories but I'll tell you one. A friend and her husband waited 20 months and they got a call a few weeks ago on a Tuesday that a woman had twin girls and if they could be at the hospital in 30 minutes they would become parents. 3 days later they took the girls home. I am glad I still had most of my girls newborn clothes and newborn things to give them because they had 30 minutes to prepare:) This quote helped me a lot. I am praying for you guys!

    "I don't believe that God never meant for me not to have children. That's not my destiny; that's just a fork in the road I'm on... Clearly, God meant for me to develop more compassion, deeper courage, and greater inner strength on this journey to resolution..." ~Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked my blog in awhile and I appreciate your comment/quote. Thanks for the prayers! I hope your move went smoothly and you are adjusting to Ohio. :)

    ReplyDelete