Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Last Day

Today is the last day of summer! It has flown by. I'm ready to go back to keep my mind occupied, but not ready to give up the relaxation that summer brings with it. It has been a summer filled with important discussions, many emotions, relaxation, giving back and time spent with family and friends. I have opened my heart up to more possibilities than I had ever imagined I would before adoption. This summer and the whole journey to become a parent continues to allow me to grow stronger as a person and reflect on what is truly important in life. My dad sent me the perfect birthday card...

"Even before she arrives, you want your daughter's world to be perfect. You want her to be happy and  surrounded by love. You want her to be sure of herself, gentle but strong, with nothing to worry about. But real life's not like that. The years come and go, bringing her trials and triumphs, joys and sorrows. And you still want her world to be perfect, but you can see that she is sure of herself, surrounded by love, and gentle but strong. And you can see that she is who she is because life challenged her to grow and become more amazing every year."

When we finally add a son or daughter to our family I will want this same thing for my child!

So...Michael and I continue to wait. It's funny....when we started this process I was the pessimistic one and Michael the optimist...the roles have reversed a little. I KNOW next summer my days will be filled with the excitement of a little one, but until then I have twenty some eight year olds for approximately seven hours a day to keep me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment