Sunday, March 18, 2012

What else can you do?

I was talking to an acquaintance a few days ago and telling her about the couple who had six placements through Bethany and all six birthmothers had changed their minds. I was expressing how I can't even imagine going through that and she commented with...I'm surprised they kept trying to adopt. Her comment got me thinking...

What else could they do? If that couple was anything like us...they wanted a child and were unable to have one naturally. While they were heartbroken over and over again they had no choice, but to keep pushing on. To just stop trying to adopt would result in an even harder type of heartbreak...knowing you would possibly never have the opportunity to welcome a child into your family. If you stop and think about it that couple, Michael and myself are at the mercy of a birthmother wanting us to raise her child. If a birthmother doesn't have a connection with our profile than we are left waiting.

It may sound funny, but if you have a child or are able to have children, please cherish that ability. I would give anything to have a birthmother place her child with us in the very near future or to be able to get pregnant. I can't make things happen, and I can't make a bithmother choose us.

No comments:

Post a Comment