Monday, March 26, 2012

Three Weeks

Three weeks ago today we officially became a waiting family to adopt a baby. It hasn't been long at all, but of course I hope that we will have a placement soon. I look on the website everyday to see if any other families have been added the list of South Carolina couples waiting. As of today there are 30 couples from our state. Two couples just had placement placed by their profiles today. While I'm very happy for them...I wonder what connection a birthmother had to their profile that she didn't have to ours. There are couples on the waiting family list that have been on there for quite a while and it worries me that we could end up waiting for a long time too. Bethany said the average wait time is a year from the time our formal application is turned in and that would be October. If you think about it we have been waiting much longer than a year or even the three weeks that we have been officially a waiting family. We have been waiting almost four years! I know our day will come and every time I turn on my cell phone after work or check the voicemail on our home phone...I hope and pray that we will have a message from Bethany that we have a placement, but until that day comes we will enjoy our quiet moments and time as a family of two or three...can't forget Trixie. :)

1 comment:

  1. HONEY YOUR TIME WILL COME AND WHEN THAT BABY ARRIVES IT WILL BE THE HAPPIEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. THAT LITTLE ONE WILL BE SO BLESSED TO BE PART OF THE FAMILY!!!

    ReplyDelete