Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Mommy Fix"

I am very close to my mom and whenever I talk to her on the phone Michael always says I'm getting my "mommy fix". I'm so excited because her and my step-dad are coming tomorrow for the weekend. I haven't seen her since July and I'm due for a "mommy fix". She is going to go to school with me on Friday and then we are going to do some baby shopping while Michael and Jay go to the Gamecock game.

It feels wierd to say I'm going to go baby shopping. I feel funny doing it because we aren't pregnant and it could be awhile before we get a baby, but I've waited almost 4 years to be a mom...why can't I start to get excited about the possibility that it might happen within the next year? Women who are pregnant get nine months to prepare...I could possibly have a baby within 9 months so I'm going to start preparing too! Just because I can't have my own child doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to go through all the exciting steps of preparing a nursery and buying cute baby items. As someone told me..."baby items don't go bad or spoil" so they will be waiting for our baby whenever we are blessed to bring one into our lives and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment