Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Overwhelming

I had a great weekend with my mom! We did lots of shopping on Saturday and Sunday, but didn't spend much money. The goal was to check out cribs and other baby necessities. We got a great lesson on travel systems (car seat, stroller, and base) from a very informative male sales associate at Babies R Us. This is really the first thing we will need. I don't think the adopton agency will be too keen on letting us take a baby home without a car seat.

I was a little overwhelmed in Babies R Us. I think it was the fact that there was so much to look at and pregnant women everywhere. It felt weird to ask questions because I obviously don't look pregnant so I felt the need to tell the sales associates that I'm adopting.

We won't have much money to spend once we "buy" our baby so I went on Craigslist to see what goodies people had listed. I found some good prices on gently used baby must haves. I've never bought anything on Craigslist, but it will probably be something Michael and I consider since we'll need to be financially responsible. Of course, I would love to have baby items that are brand new and a color or pattern I love, but I have to remember that having a precious baby is more important than material possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment