Wednesday, July 2, 2014

18 Months

Our goofball!
Exciting moments over the past few months...

*He can say many words. The ones he uses the most often are ball, thank you, please, apple (every fruit is an apple it seems like), brush teeth, cheese, no, sit, up and down.
*He has really enjoyed being in the pool. He is taking swim lessons with me later this month.
*He is scared of flies and butterflies.
*He LOVES to play outside!
*He had his 3rd haircut in June and ate his first sucker so it could happen. :)
*He LOVES balls and actually throws them really well.
*He does most activities with his left hand...not sure how I'm going to teach him how to do things left handed. 
*He really enjoyed riding on the back of my bike in Hilton Head. He looked so cute with his helmet on!
*He loves to watch me vacuum and he follows it around the house. I even bought him a toy vacuum. I hope this means he will enjoy chores later on. :)
*He took his first pontoon boat ride on Lake Lure.
*He has a great time playing in a big box that daddy brought in the family room. He even cut a door in it for him to crawl in and out. Why buy toys?
*His feet keep growing! He is wearing a 7.5 extra wide. 
*We are having a hard time with his eating habits. He won't eat food he used to love and won't try anything new. It is hard to enjoy meal time!
*He knows what I mean when I say give me a kiss or hug, and I love receiving them!
*We hung out with cousin Kevin (7 months) on vacation. Christopher tried to be gentle and share. It will be interesting to see them together next summer when Kevin will be Christopher's age.
*He hates putting on sunscreen. You would think he would associate this with going outside or swimming and not throw a fit, but it doesn't work that way. 
*Mommy could use a later wake up time this summer, but he keeps waking up between 6:15-6:30. I know I shouldn't complain since he is such a good sleeper...at least it is light outside when he wakes up! 

I have learned that having a toddler can be fun, exciting but also frustrating at times. This summer is already flying by so I need to enjoy each minute I have with him! We have a more relaxed July so maybe it will slow down a little. 

Whee!!
Going on a walk!
 
Snoopy and the vacuum...two of my favorite things!

Love the pool!!
 
Love my cousin and aunt!











No comments:

Post a Comment