Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Infertility Outsourcing

It seems like everything else in this country has been outsourced overseas...why not surrogacy too? It is sad that surrogacy has to be so expensive in the US that people have to use surrogates in India. 

I saw this story on The Today Show yesterday and I have mixed feelings about about it. I understand wanting a child so badly, but I'm not sure if I would choose this option. The reporter said that surrogacy is the last resort for people to become parents and Michael responded with...what about adoption? Adoption isn't an option for some people because they want their child to be a biological one. I respect that decision and I struggle with that every now and then, but I know that when our baby is placed in my arms...I'm going to love it just like I would a child that I gave birth to. My personal opinion is if you have to go across the globe to have a biological child via surrogacy...than why not adopt from the other side of the world and give a loving home to a child already in need? 

No comments:

Post a Comment