Sunday, May 27, 2012

Almost Summer

One more week of school!!! I'm so ready for summer! My first couple of weeks are pretty busy. I'm attending a technology conference for two days the first week and some professional development the second week. We also have our family vacation in June, which I'm excited about. Unfortunately, I think June will fly by...hopefully July is a little slower. I hope to head to Ohio for a little while, but I haven't pinned down a week yet.

I was worried about not having much to do this summer. I'm not making any more money and will have more time on my hands so I plan on reading and relaxing. I'm also going to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House. I have to attend a training session the first week we are out of school and then I can start. I'm excited to do something meaningful!

For the last several summers I have thought it would be my last one by myself. If I hadn't had my miscarriage our baby would be two this June. At some point my summers will be filled with activities and time spent with a child, but until then I will enjoy a quiet, relaxing summer.  (Although, I hope and pray it isn't quiet and we get a placement. I would take a busy, crazy summer for that reason ANY day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment