Monday, April 22, 2013

So Grateful!

Each month we send a letter and pictures to Christopher's birth mother. We are only asked to fill out a form, but I have been writing a letter to her too...plus it is a great way for me to keep up with what he has been doing each month for the first year. As I finished writing her letter this evening I looked at the pictures we are sending to her and I started to get emotional. I'm so thankful and grateful to his birth mother for making an adoption plan for him and trusting us to raise and love him! It makes me sad that she is missing out on such a wonderful little guy. The strength she had to make such an important decision about his life amazes me! We haven't met her, but we are open to it if she ever reaches out to us through the agency. Some people may think that having a closed adoption is the only way to go, but I disagree. I'm not saying we want to visit her every month, but he has half siblings that I would like for him to eventually meet one day. No matter what happens in the future Christopher will always know that his birth mother loved him so much that she made one of the hardest decisions of her life. We will share with him everything we know about her and his half siblings. If we never meet her and he decides he wants to one day he will have that option through the agency. Who knows what the future holds, but one thing is for sure...we are SO blessed to have been picked to raise such a precious little boy who has brought nothing but joy to our lives since we first met him almost 4 months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment