Monday, April 30, 2012

What If

I feel like I have put my life on hold the last couple of years. I always play the "what if" game. I've been debating on whether to take classes to add on to my teaching certification (4-6 grade) or go for my National Board Certification. I want to do both at some point, but when? Both cost money...that we are trying to save for adoption...and then there is the "what if" we get a placement? I've continued to ask "what if" for awhile now and I just need to do one or the other.

National Boards would help pay off our adoption debt and help us afford a child. :)  ($10,000 a year for 10 years) If I go for National Boards my winter/spring will be a very busy time and "if" we get a placement I will be working like crazy at home and school. This coming school year would be a good time because three other teachers are going for it so there would be a support system.

Adding on to my certificate would allow me to teach above third grade which I would like to do, but it won't bring me any extra money. I could take classes at USC for a discounted price since we get a price reduction for supervising interns (student teachers). In order to add on to my certification I have to take 3 classes and 2 Praxis tests.

"If" I just would have earned my Elementary Certification instead of Fashion Merchandising and Early Childhood. "If" I could only go back in time and foresee what my future held. So many "what ifs" and decisions to be made. If you have any thoughts on what I should do email, text, or call. I'm so indecisive!

No comments:

Post a Comment